High-Strength, Low-Cost Industrial-Grade 3D Printing from Markforged
- Strength: Print parts 20% stronger and 40% stiffer than ABS
- Precision: Print true-to-design parts with pinpoint accuracy
- Reduce costs: Save thousands on tooling and manufacturing costs
- Usability: Boasts a 4.3” touchscreen and runs intuitive Eiger software
Launched in August 2017, the Markforged X3 introduces affordable industrial-grade 3D printing to smaller manufacturers. With it, you can 3D print parts that are 20 per cent stronger and 40 per cent stiffer than those printed with ABS, and you’ll enjoy unmatched precision courtesy of Markforged’s latest-generation motor encoders.
A True Manufacturing Solution
The X3 is one of the most advanced desktop 3D printers on the market. It has a durable all-aluminium enclosure built around a flat gantry system.
You won’t be left wanting for space either. The X3 offers a 330-mm x 270 mm x 200 mm build volume for manufacturing both small and large parts, and it prints at a layer height of 50um. The printer has been setup to work straight from the box with minimal fuss, making it the perfect choice for demanding manufacturing environments.
High-Strength 3D Printing with Onyx
Traditional thermoplastics, such as ABS, have mechanical limitations. Whilst durable, they lack the strength and stiffness for truly harsh end-use applications. The Markforged X3 prints with Onyx, a fusion of engineering nylon and chopped carbon fibre. Onyx is 20 per cent stronger and 40 per cent stiffer than ABS, and it is 3.5 times stronger than nylon.
Because it contains nylon, Onyx is highly resistant to wear (abrasion) and has a high heat deflection temperature. Thanks to the X3’s 50um print resolution, layer lines are virtually invisible so parts have a smooth, good looking surface fresh from the print bed. This all but eliminates the need for post-processing, leading to greater efficiency.
To find out more about the Markforged X3, contact us today.
- Materials : Onyx
- Layer Height: 50 microns (0.05 mm)
- Build Dimensions: 330 mm x 270 mm x 200 mm
- Connectivity: WiFi, USB Stick, Ethernet Cable
- Technology: Composite Filament Fabrication (CFF) ™
- System Requirements: Windows 7+, Mac OS 10.7 Lion+, Linux
- Software : Eiger (browser based)
- Dimensions: 584 mm x 483 mm x 914 mm
What's in the box?
- 1 x Onyx Filament Spool - 800cm³
- 3 x FFF Quick-Change Nozzles
- 1 x True Bed Build Plate
- Markforged Cloud & Local Storage Options
- Markforged Exclusive Eiger Features