Markforged METAL X
Markforged METAL X
Solid Metal 3D Printing with The Metal X
- Materials: 3D print parts from 8 different metals, including titanium;
- Volume: Print big with the 250 x 220 x 200 mm (WDH) build volume;
- Precision: Print accurately thanks to in-process laser inspection;
- Resolution: Print fine detail, down to a layer height of 50-microns.
From the company that revolutionised carbon fibre, Kevlar and fibreglass 3D printing comes a new breakthrough in metal 3D printing. The Metal X is a metal 3D printer that utilises a process called ADAM (Atomic Diffusion Additive Manufacturing) to print parts. This process uses metal powder and bulk sintering to create true-to-design solid metal parts, that can be made from a wide range of metals including Titanium 6-4 and 17-4 stainless steel.
The Metal X - The Ultimate Metal 3D Printer
The Metal X has a build volume of 250 mm x 220 mm x 200 mm (WDH). It has an enclosed build chamber and parts are continuously scanned throughout the print process by lasers, down to a 1-micron accuracy. This guarantees part quality. The Metal X can capture the finest detail in parts too. It can print down to a layer height of 50-microns, and the user can make use of honeycomb infills and other geometries which would be impossible with subtractive and traditional manufacturing processes.
Atomic Diffusion Additive Manufacturing
3D printing metal parts has never been simpler than with the Metal X. Atomic Diffusion Additive Manufacturing prints your part using a bound metal powder surrounded by plastic. The plastic is then dissolved, and the metal powder sintered. The resulting parts are solid metal, with the same strength and durability as metal parts that have been cast.
The Metal X can 3D print several metals, including: 17-4 Stainless Steel, 303 Stainless Steel, 6061 Aluminum (Beta), 7075 Aluminum (Beta), A-2 Tool Steel (Beta), D-2 Tool Steel (Beta), IN Alloy (Inconel) 625 (Beta) and Titanium Ti-6Al-4V (Beta). The metals with beta next to them are currently in the last stages of testing, and will be approved for customers soon.
- Materials : 17-4 Stainless Steel, 303 Stainless Steel, 6061 Aluminium, 7075 Aluminium, A-2 Tool Steel, D-2 Tool Steel, IN Alloy (Inconel) 625, Titanium Ti-6Al-4V
- Layer Height: 50 microns (0.05 mm)
- Build Dimensions: 250 mm x 220 mm x 200 mm
- Dimensions: 575 mm x 467 mm x 1432 mm
- Weight (KG): < 114
- Power Requirements: 1800W
Contact email@example.com for more information.